Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Dom Lipa- Slovenian Linden Foundation.
The goal of the Dom Lipa- Slovenian Linden Foundation’s volunteer program is to provide a range of rewarding and worthwhile volunteer activities that help to improve the quality of life for residents and their families.
The volunteer intake process and program includes:
• Completing a Volunteer Application
• A scheduled interview
• Completing a TB test (To be done through your doctor or medical clinic)
• Submission of a Vulnerable Sector Police Check
• Formal orientation and job-specific training
• Ongoing monitoring and feedback
• Opportunities for additional education and development
To participate in the program, volunteers must:
• Be a minimum of 16 years of age
• Be prepared to make a commitment of at least 50 hours over 6 months
• Have fun!
There are numerous rewarding volunteer experiences to consider:
Our volunteers play an important role in enriching the lives of our residents. Each and every family member, friend, and community resident who volunteers is a treasured member of our care team.
Being a volunteer at Dom Lipa entails:
- Sharing and showcasing your talents
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- Enjoying a sense of purpose and personal fulfillment
- Participating in our residents' lives
- Giving back to your community
- Learning and growing
- Enjoying a new experience
Dom Lipa volunteers are assigned to a variety of services and programs throughout our home including:
- Meal-time and eating assistance programs
- One-to-one visits
- Church services and spiritual programming
- Hymn sing
- Hairdressing salon
- Tuck Store
- Therapy Dogs
- Social and recreation programs and community outings.
Certified Feeder Program
Help our residents maintain their independence by providing assistance during meal service. Learn to be a Certified Feeder at no cost. Contact our Activation & Volunteer Coordinator to learn how you can make an impact in the quality of a resident's life today.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Volunteer Services Department:
Volunteer Services Contact: Activation Coordinator
Telephone: (416) 621 3820 ext. 245
Slovenian Linden Foundation
The Slovenian Linden Foundation is a charitable foundation dedicated to acquiring and managing donations for the purpose of advancing the mission of Dom Lipa and its role in the community. Volunteers Board Members play a vital role in this mission. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.