A Message from Maria Zajc McDonald - Walk-A-Thon 2018 News
A Message from Maria Zajc McDonald, President Board of Directors
Dear residents, families, volunteers and friends,
I am happy to share some exciting news:
Dom Lipa May 27th Walk-A-Thon and for some, a Bike-A-Thon!
Both walkers and bikers supporting the residents of Dom Lipa on Sunday May 27th enjoyed a sunny, warm day being active and having fun.
Here are some numbers:
- Amount of money raised: over $68,000 and more coming in
- Number of people taking part: 86
- Number of cyclists: 14 organized by Val Končan
- Youngest participants: Emily Nesich 4 years, Klara Maria Drešar 10 months, and Leah Letnik 3 months
- Oldest participants: Stan Sajnovič, Alojz Zajc
- Biggest single donor: Stan and Josephine Sajnovič in the amount of $20,000
- Walker with most donations: Cveta Arhar-Stojko, $14,000.00
Thanks to the four pillars supporting our seniors!
- Our walkers
- Our sponsors and Prize Donors: Moya Financial, Family Meat and Delicatessen, Bateman Mackay, Stan Konda of Equity Associates/Konda Financial and Andy Konda & Danny Tkalčič of iFAB Manufacturing Inc; Marijan and Jane Hull, Silverfox Pharmacy.
- Our volunteers
- Our donors
Special appreciation to Slovenian Summer Camp – Slovensko Letovišče
For years they have graciously hosted the Walk-A-Thon. We are grateful for the help of Marica Komavli in the kitchen, Marko Bratovž and Mario Resnik.
Why is it important to raise funds?
While we get government support for operating costs (food, care, linens, etc.), we don’t get funds for capital costs. Big upcoming expenditures include sprinklers and a new elevator to replace the original one, which has broken down.
Remember to come to our Annual General Meeting on Sunday June 10th at 2 pm.
Maria Zajc McDonald
President, Board of Directors